Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Great Places I've eaten!

The first in this series of posts is about a wonderful little restaurant in Alpharetta, GA called Pure Taqueria.

I went to visit some friends of mine in the Atlanta area and they took me out to this absolutely amazing place. We sat around "bs'ed" over a few of their house margaritas while we perused the menu. The taqueria seemed to be built inside an old garage and had an amazing and laid back atmosphere. Most of the patron's seemed to be locals from the neighborhood it's located in and were all very good spirited and lent a happiness to the place.  The service was fairly good even if the staff had that stuck up college student thing going on.

The food itself was heavenly. I ordered one of the specials they had that wasn't on the menu as it was for a limited time only. It was a torta though I can't really remember what the actual name was or exactly what was on it. ( It's been a while since these events transpired) Here's a pic of the deliciousness:


 I also sampled a fish taco. Even though I'm really not a fan of fish (or Phish for that matter) I thought I'd try and broaden my culinary horizons a bit. Except for the fishy taste it was fairly good. Yet another pic:


So if you're a fan of authentic Mexican food and happen to be in the Atlanta area I definitely recommend stopping in and giving it a try.

Their link:
http://www.puretaqueria.com/

10 comments:

  1. As much as I love Mexican...
    Fish tacos just seem a bit wrong to me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn it that made me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn I hate being a Canadian now. Fish tacos are just to die for, I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HO my god it's been 1 hour I hesitate making proper food then renounced and now I see your post !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hungry, that food looks crazy amazing, following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love local restaurants in cities, they're so much better than the other crap out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah If I have a choice I always go local. Just don't dig chains that much :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a vegetarian, this does not look good at all. But I will still follow.

    ReplyDelete